Finding the perfect hair extensions can be a tedious task. A quick google search will bring up hundreds of different kinds of extensions to choose from. The biggest distinction is between synthetic or real human hair. Synthetic extensions are much cheaper then human hair, but are also very limiting. You cannot use heating products on them and they wear out quickly. Human hair is a much more versatile option as you can treat it like your regular hair. You can shampoo, condition, browdry, curl and flat iron. On the market today, one of the best options in human hair extensions are the Brazilian hair extensions.
First of all, it’s important to note that Brazilian extensions are actually not from Brazil! The name is actually describing the hair quality. Brazilian means that the hair extension is a specific texture – the hair itself is smooth and shiny.
Brazilian extensions range in color from brown to black and can be either straight or curly. These hair extensions tend to have a lot of volume which is a beneficial to buyers. This means that you can purchase less of these extensions then you would with other natural human hair. This not only saves you money, but means there is less weight on your head. These extensions are much more wearable then others and therefore more comfortable. This type of hair also has a higher oil content then other extensions which means its less likely to frizz, especially in humid weather.
Unprocessed means the hair has been untreated by any chemicals. More often than not, human hair extensions have been dyed or been manipulated with heating and chemicals. The unprocessed extensions are virgin hair that has a cuticle that is still intact. There are several reasons why this virgin hair is a much better option for someone looking for good quality extensions.
1) It will last much longer
2) You can dye or bleach it to your liking
3) You can style it as you would normal hair
4) Better texture and quality
5) More natural effect
There are a few ways that Brazillain Hair Sale can be worn — Sewn, Glued, or Clipped.
If you choose to glue your extensions, you will need a sealant in order to apply them. It is recommended that for your first time, it’s best to see a professional stylist so they can explain the proper placement and sealing instructions.
Sewn hair extensions are exactly what it sounds like – the hair extension is sewn into your regular hair. If you decide on this option, you will need a professional stylist. Clip-ins are simply “clipped” into the hair and can be added or removed whenever the wearer chooses. The downsides to this option are that sometimes the clips themselves can be visible if not placed correctly, and it is not recommended to wear them longer than a day as they are very uncomfortable to sleep in Sewn and glued extensions are a much more permanent option. They cannot be easily removed and you will treat them as you would your regular hair.
If you are curious about the quality or authenticity of your Brazilian hair extensions, there are a few tests you can perform.
1) The Color — as mentioned before, these extensions should range in natural tones of brown or black. As normal human hair, the bundle color should not be uniform. Our natural hair tends to have several different shades, so you will want to examine the bundle and see if there are natural highlights and lowlights. Even some grey hairs are a good indicator that is a genuine product.
2) The Texture — natural hair tends to have a bit of coarseness. If the hair is extremely silky or straight, there is good chance the hair has been treated with silicone and chemical straighteners.
3) Response to Fire — if the hair extension is natural, applying a flame to the extension will set it aflame. If the extension is synthetic, it will melt. Make sure to cut only a small portion of the extension if you choose to test by this method.
Lastly, to maintain the extensions, you will want to use gentle shampoos and conditions — preferably those that are sulfate and silicone free. Using high quality products will ensure that your extensions last a long time.